little childrens boat with an inboard engine?

Discussion in 'Wooden Boat Building and Restoration' started by mark123, Mar 21, 2013.

1. mark123

mark123 Junior Member

SamSam

I hope you don't mind me contacting you this way but I checked your profile and you do not accept e-mails so this is all I can do.

I saw an old post from you and there was a picture of a little childrens boat with an inboard engine of some sort. Could you tell me anything about this, is there plans for it? Here is the picture .

Here is the link to the conversation whre I found the picture

http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/diy-marinizing/automobile-transmission-why-not-5204-4.html

Attached Files:

2. SamSam

SamSam Senior Member

No, I don't know anything about it. The site is gone and a picture search turns up nothing but this thread.

Here's a thread that might help, Glen-l is mentioned as a source for plans for this....

http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthread.php?134984-Best-Lil-Speedboat-for-the-kids

[​IMG]

BTW, myself , and anyone one else here I imagine, can be contacted through this forum using the link at the top right hand corner of the page using the "private messages" link.

3. mark123

mark123 Junior Member

Thanks so much for your help, there are many ideas on that link. My wife will not be happy if this takes priority over many other projects that need to be done.

4. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

That little Glen-L is a beaut, to be sure.

5. ned L

ned L Junior Member

For what it's worth. I don't think the first picture of the "inboard" is really a traditional inboard. If you blow the picture up you can sede that the engine is actually a vertical shaft Briggs & Stratton, and it looks like the steering cables actually attach to the engine. I'm thinking it is more like a steerable "saildrive" .

6. SamSam

SamSam Senior Member

Yes , I see that now. Is there such a thing as a steerable saildrive? I thought they were fixed and used a rudder for steering. With a B&S engine, I imagine it's some kind of home made contraption.

7. SamSam

SamSam Senior Member

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.