amphibian

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by rick gray, Feb 28, 2016.

1. rick gray

rick gray Junior Member

update on the amphibian. have to add air ducts to engine compartment make access doors/top exhaust is FW cooled . mufflers are in a seabed , and exhaust dumps into rear wheel wellsdriver seat is at front?top of engine cover . transom has door/ramp for access ( weather tight). i will have to add transom extensions for more flotation and protect jet drive outlet and use as reserve fuel tanks

Attached Files:

2. whitepointer23

whitepointer23 Previous Member

Looking good ric. Starting to take shape now.

3. rick gray

rick gray Junior Member

Brendan: do not want to think about how far to go to complete? ( while have constant upgrades?) I finally getting to mechanical outfitting (OLD HOTRODDER AT HEART) I am tired of aluminium fit / weld. i have started hydraulics to raises wheels to help plane mode. getting air ducting to engines and out is tricky and getting engine cooling to work . hard to take good photos in cramped areas . helm and driving positions seem to be OK so far the brake booster is under dash (right angle linkage)

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  4. rwatson

rwatson Senior Member

On the Army DUKHS they have a land mode and a sea mode. You have to open some ducts when you are driving on land, and close them when you take to water.

I have heard one story of an army driver that sank one in saltwater when he forgot.

Keep up the good work. Cant wait to see it work.

5. WestVanHan

WestVanHan Not a Senior Member

Regards,Rick...keep at 'er.
    I'd love to see this go.

6. rick gray

rick gray Junior Member

MR> Watson' I am still designing and building at same time < seems to jog my design ideas as i trial fit items . still have to buy control cables etc started on sliding deckhead / cabin top panels so i can have a stand up helm if I want
    yes venting is a challenge . i have to fabricate ducts for intake and exhaust of engine compartment and cabin air doing water tight double bottom/ floor Titanic style. looking into sound proofing/ vapour barrier/insulation etc hydro boost brake/master cylinder is under dash.rear door/ stairway started. making house top beams etc.

Attached Files: