Lil Gigger :~)

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by lead foot, Jun 18, 2010.

1. lead foot

lead foot New Member

Hey guys ,i been learking for a while :~) but finally had to register so i could ask you guys in the know a few questions :~)

I do a lot of stuff One man! due to shift work it's hard sometimes to get lined up with a friend specially when i'm off at different times and they work mostly dayz...

OK to the point i want to use a PWC to make a gig boat out of ,this to me would be a awesome Lil gigger :~) for one person,i plan to use the PWC and Mount a 10HP outboard on the back, speed isn't the main factor here floating high is!

But I bet the PWC will move pretty good with a 10 HP Outboard on it!

I've seen On Here, PWC's with what looked like 25 Hp so i Know 10 HP will be great weight wise....

main issue is How do i register it? us the PWC Title or go Home made can you go Home made with a PWC "HULL"

Cause i have read that PWC are NOT aloud out after Dark,which is GiG Time :~(

But can i register it as a Homemade with the outboard and get around this???

I already found a Hull But NO title,it's a Little stained BUT i plan to Coat it with bed liner,to improve the looks and Make it tuff for the oysters to wear on :~)

I also Plan to run Led Lights on it,so they draw Less Juice,I Will have running lights and a tail mass light for safety,and a vest :~)

remove the motor used in the PWC and replace it witha Cooler and Small Fuel Cell :~) and Lil Battery ... I got a Plan LOL

Can Ya Help me out with any Info Thanks later Robert

2. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

To register home-made in Florida you must submit evidence that you did in fact build the boat yourself. You must produce receipts to substantiate the materials you bought for the project. The boat must have all legal running lights and equipment to be certified legal for use after dark. Talk to officials for further information.

3. messabout

messabout Senior Member

I have been through this Florida registration jazz a time or two. You can, with reasonable veracity, claim that the PWC hull is a homebuilt if you have done the kind of work that will be needed to convert to outboard power. Save receipts for stuff you buy at home depot or other hardware/lumber stores. The receipts need not be for things you actually used for the boat but with some relationship to the project. A new dishwasher receipt would be suspicious. Use you imagination, Who will know? If you have a ******* clerk where you apply for registration, then go to some other location where the clerks may be a little more understanding. This works. I know from experience.

I am not opposed to registration or to doing so in an honest and straightforward manner. On the other hand I have little patience with clerks or other public officials who are on some kind of power trip, and seem to revel in their nay saying position of power over poor slobs like you and me.

What the hell is a gig boat? Is it a boat that you use to spear frogs, gar, or other critters of the sort?

4. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

If they seem Badge Heavy, walk away.

5. lead foot

lead foot New Member

What the hell is a gig boat? Is it a boat that you use to spear frogs, gar, or other critters of the sort?

It depends on where you Live i guess LOL

In my area north Florida the guys are gigging some nice flounder right now!
    you also see red bass,triple tail,and sheephead :~)

Thanks for the replys guys! :~)

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.