Need help developing patterns

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by motostar929rr, Feb 21, 2012.

1. motostar929rr

motostar929rr New Member

Hello,
    I'm designing an aluminum utility river boat for use here in the midwest mostly on the missouri river fir hunting,fishing,bowfishing, etc. 20' var. deadrise ,ModV, you get the picture...3 degree dead rise at transom into steeper angle at the bow. 94"beam 70-72" bottom. Hull will be constructed from 5052 .125 aluminum sheets. Plan to propel with a 2004 honda bf150 outboard, which I already have. Please forgive my lack of knowledge and proper nomenclature concerning boat design and construction. I have designed the boat in autocad, a program I have access to...I have drawn a decent amount in 3d, however I haven't been able to progress further than meshing the wire frame drawing I have put together. Haven't been able to create a face or solid from the meshes. Any suggestions or ideas? If I have posted in the wrong forum, I apologize, inform me and i'll gladly move. Thanks all!

2. johneck

johneck Senior Member

Even if you get to surfaces, what will you do with them? With flat panel type construction, you might not need to go any further than you have. You can extract frames and use those to create a jig for building.
    If you would like to get a surface or solid model, post the dwg that you have and I bet someone here will turn it into a solid model.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.