Liftingkeel

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Richard Larsson, Sep 13, 2007.

1. Richard Larsson

Richard Larsson New Member

Am i olone of needing a keel that have following skills?

The ballast have to be in a low position and have a big wheight. (2,2m under waterline/1000kg)
    The keelblade must have low drag/resistance. (a thin blade)
    The keel can´t take place more than 0,8m in the boat.
    The construction can´t break when i go aground. (in 5 knots)
    The keel have to be lifted high. (1,2m under waterline)

:rolleyes:

I need it for my First 30E

2. DanishBagger

DanishBagger Never Again

Sounds like you lost the keel, or that it broke when you ran aground!?

3. Richard Larsson

Richard Larsson New Member

I just want to have a boat with better speed, nicer handling and more possibilities to use it.

4. keith66

keith66 Senior Member

Have a look at the Anderson 22 website run by Andy Lawson, the Anderson 22 was designed by Oliver lee in the 1970's as a production cruiser racer and has an unrivaled reputation for speed and seaworthiness, it has a vertically lifting fin of 3/4 steel plate with an 850ld cast iron bulb on the end, the bulb is veed on its upper surface to fit the hull and gives a substantial end plate effect with the keel down. The design uses a simple trailer winch and purchase system to raise the keel. I rebuilt one recently and along with all who have sailed one reckon they are one of the best small cruising yachts ever designed

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.