Lifting Keel

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by JHuberman, Aug 20, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

2. Vega

Vega Senior Member

Yes I know that this is an old thread, but makes no sense to post a new one about the same subject. Lifting keels are a very actual issue and I don’t understand why there is not recent information on this thread.

In the last years, the number of designers that have proposed vertical lifting keels have increased dramatically. The number of boats that have been built with one is very considerable. I guess that the knowledge on the subject have been improved with a lot of experiences. There are even some small production boats that feature lifting keels with a bulb as standard equipment.

I am very interested in the subject but know very little about it. I would like to know more, especially about maintenance, What kind of maintenance would a system like this needs?

http://www.cariboni-italy.com/PDF/Keel/EL-S- UED Rev2.pdf

3. Keeltech

Keeltech New Member

Keeltech

Maybe this construction has the features you want?

1,1 - 2,4 m deep.
    Installed under the table.
    Bulb

www.keeltech.se

4. Keeltech

Keeltech New Member

Telescopic lifting keel

See the telescopic keel at www.keeltech.se

1,1-2,4m deep
    No big keel inside the boat
    Heavy bulb ok

/Richard

5. Keeltech

Keeltech New Member

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.