Levi drives

Discussion in 'Surface Drives' started by ted655, Dec 11, 2006.

1. powerabout

powerabout Senior Member

OK
    thats a whole different thing
    Did your embassy help you?

2. xrudi

xrudi Rudi Scholz

Yes, the embassy helped me during my 4 month in various prisons and immigration camps.

They gave me a list of possible lawyers and the telphone number of my daughter in Germany. They transfered the money my daughter send to the prison. I could buy 2 times some additional food and tooth paste, toth brush and soap. Since telephone calls were restricted, I could never engage a lawyer. I could talk to my daughter once.

3. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Your experience has been reported in a Malaysia news paper. The management here at RLYC are aware of it.

It would appear with some sympathy.

I will try to find out what that paper is and if it is an English edition.

4. xrudi

xrudi Rudi Scholz

I tried to get Langkawi Gazette to publish this storry but they couldn't do it?!!

The German newspapers will bring the storry this week. The TV is also interested. I will write a book about it. At the moment I need to "repair" my heart and my voice box.

5. xrudi

xrudi Rudi Scholz

Levi Drives in Germany

We moved our office from Malyasia to Germany. Our new address is

Levi Drives
    Rudolf Scholz
    Untergasse 25
    65817 Eppstein
    Germany

handy : +49 157 382 400 26
    land line: +49 6198 5959 857

Based on our negative experience in Malaysia we are establishing a solid European Foundation for our company. We will produce in Germany and maybe in Thailand and the Philippines. The US might be another possibilty. We have many request from there. At the moment we are looking for active partners.

We will offer in 2013 a knock down version of our smallest drive LD 170- 150 Fisherman in 316L in a kit for our "do it yourself customer". This will reduce the end user costs further.

6. xrudi

xrudi Rudi Scholz

Levi Drives Malaysia

The company "Levi Drives Malaysia" is not real. They want to sell our Levi Drives products. We have never supplied goods to them.

The name is similar to ours "Levi Drives" . This is only possible in Malaysia. People operating under this companys name do this without our permission. Please be careful.

Best Regards
    Rudi

7. BPL

BPL Senior Member

Are you automated and mechanized enough that moving production from Malyasia to Europe won't affect your bottom line too much? Any estimate on production cost difference overall? Moving production closer to higher-paying markets could increase sales too and offset that.

8. powerabout

powerabout Senior Member

Most of the foreign companies that had a big manufacturing presence in Malaysia 10-15 years ago have already left

9. BPL

BPL Senior Member

I haven't noticed a "made in Malaysia" tag in a while. Nor a made in Thailand nearly as often as a few years ago. Recently everything except really high end equipment is made in China.

10. xrudi

xrudi Rudi Scholz

Production Costs

Our production is organized like a car production. I mean by this, we have several subcontractors - suppliers and than an assembly shop. This is a very flexible way to operate.
    All our designs are done in 3 D (solid works) which is the input for the CNC laser cutters and CNC lathe machines. There is not much hand work done apart from the welding which is done in special welding gigs. This is been done by 6G welders for stainless steel.
    Malaysia has its advantage because you can find small work shops which can do some odd jobs and we didn't need to pay taxes. I also liked the warm weather:)

I think we can manage, since Malaysia need to import everything. Stainless steel, CNC cutting machines etc. only the casual labors and the workshop is a bit cheaper. The advantage for us was marginal.

Rudi

11. xrudi

xrudi Rudi Scholz

12. xrudi

xrudi Rudi Scholz

We are developing our own propeller. We used wooden molds to cast the props. Here our new 3 D printer version of a propeller.

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.