Let's see who likes this??

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by leslielp, Jan 25, 2013.

?

Do you like this??

1. Yes, I like

50.0%
  2. Undecided

9.1%
  3. No, I do not like

40.9%
  1. El_Guero

El_Guero Previous Member

I honestly did not like the design.

Not a matter of wanting a steak and walking into McDonald's, I assume you meant hamburgers and not the Scot restauranteur.

You have a very expensive semi-cruiser up on stilts. So, when the cruiser is cut down to make it run faster, the client loses. But, and when the racer is cut down to make it cruise better, the client loses.

In the end, IMHO, cutting corners hurt the ability of both cruising (comfort) and racing ....

But, by the poll a lot of people loved her. So, I think she would sell better than sail.

2. upchurchmr

upchurchmr Senior Member

Spoonberg said it best.

Looks like a really nice build of something conceived for Tron. Too many super slick, "modern" designs these days

I have to admit it was a semi-clever way to get some advertising while skirting the forum rules.

For all I know it might even be a good boat.

3. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

I don't really see it as an advertisement of anything other than promoting one's ability to construct a decent looking boat. I didn't see a link or address leading the consumer to the producer.

4. leslielp

leslielp Junior Member

5. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

Yawn - Yawn - Yawn

just another one

by the way your music SUCKS - your advertising company made good money out of you for just another flight of your overblown ego

6. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

Sorry I must add - for guys with small penisses this is a very smart harbour queen - to entertain all your mates with small willies :D

7. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

Thank gawd there is only two - one for you and one for yer mate.
    Anyway thanks for the entertainment boet, nice to see a fellow Saffa at least getting of his butt and not wallowing in self dispair. Enjoy both your trips, the first one with your advertising hanger on's was fun, the last one will probably be alone.
    At least the build and "designing" was the real fun ;)

8. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

Oh and before I forget - your interior designer used to design town-houses

the interior = "condominium"

9. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

oh dear, your balance sheet is going to be a mayor problem :p

10. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

Started 2007 launched dec 2010
    those were the days my friend
    then came economic wake-up

11. Alex.A

Alex.A Senior Member

A bit harsh there "boet"? You build what the small Richards buy - doesn't mean he can't be proud of what he built does it?
    There's plenty big expensive condomarans that look( and sail ) lots worse?
    Have another dop - it may look a bit better?

12. upchurchmr

upchurchmr Senior Member

Manie, tell us how you really feel!

Was there anything us non-insiders should know?

13. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

;) ;) ;)

ok the original question is to vote if you like it - I voted no because:

there is no creativity in a over the top condomaran that is built and equipped with the most expensive materials and "gadgets" available on the market.
    The interior screams of an architect that designs fancy townhouses
    believe me I know, I contracted for WBHO and Grinaker for many years
    I was involved with many large shopping centers all over SA and got to know all the big architects, I also did many hollywood style houses in Rivonia.
    The interior is like a shopping center - no warmth - no soul - definately not boat.
    The sleek curved outside is almost a mismatch for the angular interior.
    The sleek curved outside is old school - the slanted windows turns the interior into a hot house.

Taste is a personal issue, my taste is probably old school, which wont go down with a lot of people either. So the builder did ask the question, I at least gave a lousy answer with some stupid remarks. That is far better than to have folks simply saying - "I dont like it" and when you ask why they say "because" - that is lousy.

So the real question is could the builder make money from a project like this?
    Even if they got ZAR 18 mil for the job over 3 years = 6 mil pa; by the time they paid salaries, rent and very expensive materials, there is very little profit left in this sweet country of ours.

Just ask Wynand about building boats, it sucks ;) ;) ;)

14. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

Just by the way - Leslie my heart goes out to you I fully understand your frustations.

http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/services-employment/looking-job-sponsors-45996.html

I am an old fart and I shudder when I think of the difficulties that lie ahead for the young guys like you with small kids.
    I also understand the hype and the euphoria that went around for the 3 years while you were building the super smart super expensive boat.
    And then nothing.
    I saw the facebook pages, checked all the pics on the website, that is why I commented.
    Please understand this is not personal, i just expressed an opinion on the boat

15. leslielp

leslielp Junior Member

Hi Manie!
    All I wanted was to find out what people felt about the look of this yacht.
    I knew a lot of people would not like it!! I was just curious!! As for the boat itself! I started with the company's founder. I built the plug, moulds and was the head laminator. From start to end of the first boat was 2yrs and 8 months. the second boat 14 months, and the current one I am busy with should take about 12 months in total.
    The designer is a new zealander and the whole boat is built to his spec!! This apartment feel was what he wanted. The boat itself is actually very nice to sail according to other sailors that have taken her out( I can't sail!! prefer two wheels under me!!!!) As for the price!!!!! you can add some more zar!

She is supposed to be Gunboats competition! We haven't had a chance to battle yet but would like to know what the outcome would be??

WBHO !! I also worked for them in 1995. Had great times!!!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.