Les Voiles de St Barth 2015

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by Corley, Apr 9, 2015.

1. waynemarlow

waynemarlow Senior Member

At the point he starts to turn downhill the boat is already doomed to get a bit wetter than normal. You really want to look at the moment before when the boat hits a large swell on the starboard side, the foil is fully immersed at that point and giving as much lift as possible, rearing the front of the boat up fully into the wind.

From then on the aerodynamic lift of the frontal area of the boat which with a very curved top and flat underneath looks just like a wing section to the apparant wind, just continues to lift the port side.

With the mast tilting more and more and the speed dropping off you can see the boat almost hangs in there, but then the weight of the mast is just enough together with whats left of the aerodynamic lift to tip her over.

How many times have I experianced the same bow up, wind under the tramps causing the same crash on my beach cats, too many. But I have to say cool boat never the less and when they finish testing and want to sell it on for a discount ( never been raced rallied or rolled of course ) then please may I win the lottery about a week before.

2. 2far2drive

2far2drive Senior Member

You would need to win multiple times. Once will barely cover cost of buying. Then a new main will require you to sell a kidney. Rich kid toys. Cool none the less.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.