Lengthening a sailboat

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by yorktownie, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Eric Sponberg

Eric Sponberg Senior Member

Hi PAR, Yeah, it seems like quite an accomplishment, and so far we have only scratched the surface. The Marquesas are volcanic islands that remind us of the Channel Islands off the south coast of California. The next stop is going to be in the Tuamotus, which are coral atolls--we are told the surroundings are quite different and gorgeous.

Funny you should mention baldness denial--I have a bald spot on the back of my head that I try to not think about. But one thing that cruising has done for me is take off over 30 lbs! I am down to a svelt 170 lbs. now. And I am hungry all the time but not putting on any weight--so living on a boat just eats up the calories.

Cheers, Eric