Learning boatdesign. Can u have a look at "my" boat?

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by sailingdaniel, Aug 6, 2011.

1. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

With statements guessing about the weight, I just cringe at the prospect of a design of this scale being attempted. The weight study is one of the single most important things you need to do Daniel. How else will you know where to place hull volume, trim the hull to appropriate lines for her form, etc., etc., etc. There's no guessing at this without many years of experience, which you clearly don't have. Now, I do take guesses at volume distribution and general displacement targets, when I'm working up a design, but after years of experience, I can make a fairly reasonable guess at where things will live, how much they'll weigh and the general shapes I'll need to support them, on the basic lines I anticipate for the hull form employed.

2. sailingdaniel

sailingdaniel Junior Member

Ok ok ok..

I get your points.. I never meant that this should be an online classroom for me. And sens I dont yet know everything i have guessed a lot..

I am far from having a finished product to build. What i have is a product from what i have learned so far in boat "design' and "CAD". Its a product of my imaginations and dreams at this point. It is also something that have helped me understand what i am reading. I could never understand how things work together whit out trying for my self at the same time as im reading.. How my dream boat will look one day in a far future , only time can tell..

Par.. I understand that a boat is a matter of "matter" . Also that i need to learn far more about that and many other things. And i have "run away" in some arias.. I understand that to much "what if" questions can be meaningless to answer.. I have read every thread about topics that interest me back to 2001 ore 2003.. U always give good "down to earth" answers.. But u are a hard "teacher"..

I wanted to see what people who know more than me had to say in general about what i posted. Now i understand that when i know everything , then my questions are more welcome and valid.. But then again, if i did know "everything" i would not be here to ask, but to answer people like me.. :) .. No No , I get it , and im doing my best to always learn..

Here i have got many good advice/comments so far. Those, good ones, I will take with me. Thanks again..

This is a forum about boatdesign. Im glad thou that its not to limeted and narrow minded. Im sure Obama thinks the same and i hope he is happy for all advice and suggestions he get in politics and economy from this forum.. :)

Bataan, U never have to fear pirates on your trips, they have to fear U.. :)

Cheers

Daniel

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.