Any ideas on what kind of boat this is?!

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Gage, Aug 7, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Gage

Gage New Member

Hello!

I'm trying to figure out what kind of boat my grandpa use to own. The picture attached is the only one that I have of his boat. My grandma thought that it might be from the mid to late 1960s. If anyone has any idea on the make/model/year of the boat please let me know!

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency Senior Member

I don't know what it is, but the unusual feature of the clinker-style bottom, but without (seemingly) the clinker on the topsides, ( I have never seen a boat like that) might assist in identifying it.

3. Wavewacker

Wavewacker Senior Member

My guess is an early 60's Lonestar!

4. Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency Senior Member

I notice looking at some of the early glass hulls from the US (some of them are quite incredible !) that at least some of the Larson boats had that lapstrake bottom, but plain sides. Also had "splashes" of gelcoat colour here and there. Might be worth looking into.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.