Sailboard design in FreeShip

Discussion in 'Software' started by yagon, Sep 22, 2010.

1. yagon

yagon Junior Member

I'd like to design a sailboard using Freeship. I've never used Freeship and I'm hoping for some advice:

1. Am I likely to experience any issues using Freeship for such a small planning-focused craft?

2. Am I able to obtain any existing sailboard designs/files?

Any help would be appreciated.

2. yipster

yipster designer

if its your first time drawing 3d start with reading the manual twice, thats doable isnt it? than play around a bit first, start using minimal lines and play around a bit gettin the grips
    have a look at the database, maybe there is something there you can use and remember: a pretty pic does not always make a good yachtdesign, there are other issues
    sailboard drawings are around too, but do try delftship, its free, much info under the search button here and once going its really adicting fun too

3. yagon

yagon Junior Member

thanks. I've done a lot of 3d drawing, but it 10 years ago when i was an engineer. I will read the manual twice as suggested!

The purpose behind doing this is to develop a new sailboard design. I want to arrive a a custom builder with some reasonable plans.

Before I dive into Freeship, should I consider using delft ship instead?

4. yipster

yipster designer

than you should draw, here the free!ship manual witch is about half the size of the delftship manual that holds more inf
    free!ship has after some versions develloped into delftship witch *.fbm files you can not easely exchance, try both, similar program
    once familiar with it best is buying delftship for, what was it, think €180 (witch i spend on a traffic ticket yesterday)

5. lewisboats

lewisboats Obsessed Member

6. yagon

yagon Junior Member

Thank you - these templates are great. Will make my job much easier.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.