LCF and LCB locations

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by designz, Jan 8, 2008.

1. designz

designz Senior Member

To all of the naval architects in this forum,

I am developing the design of a sailing catamaran (for cruising) and I am wondering if you know of any issues associated with having the LCB and the LCF in the same vertical line?

I can't think of any issues but maybe you have some thoughts or experience?

Regards,

Designz

2. tspeer

tspeer Senior Member

Alexander Simonis has an extensive discussion on the relationship between LCF and LCG for cruising cats. See "Sailing Yacht Design - Practice", editite by Claughton, Wellicome and Shenoi, Addison Wesley Longman Ltd, 1998. ISBN 0-582-36857-X.

3. BigCat

BigCat Junior Member

LCB, LCF, pitching

A very expensive book, I hear.

He also discussed it in an interview with Multihulls magazine. He said that separating the LCB and LCF reduced pitching.

He also liked having the LCB well aft because he felt that cats raised their bows when running more it the LCB was well aft. Something about the stern sucking down and lifting the bows. :eek: