Law abiding Kiwis.

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by Gary Baigent, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Bob Oram

Bob Oram Junior Member

Old multi, I was on Malcolms boat about 5 miles inshore of Yumi when she went over. We later realised we had seen the flare but thought it was a shooting star. oops
    Gary, Top Gun the 50' pod cat built in Cairns for Wayne ? had the same rudder ventilating issues at around 20kts, as did 'Rontidgu' (excuse the spelling) when I stood it on it's nose at about 23kts in Gladstone Yepoon race.
    Russel, Very much like the clear finished stabilised mono photo you posted on the thread re the kiwi fellow wanting to build the alloy one.
    I think he needs 50' though.

Corley likes this.
  2. Gary Baigent

Gary Baigent Senior Member

New 4.5mm thick ply box beam for Groucho; this photograph taken 6-7 weeks ago but since then have finished making it aerodynamic by adding curved near semi-circular leading and less curved trailing edge areas out of thin 2mm ply (rare stuff to obtain in NZ). After fairing and painting, going to shove the platform off the bank at next 3.6 metre high tide.

Attached Files:

Corley likes this.
  3. Russell Brown

Russell Brown Senior Member

Hi Bob, How's the Mary river? I finally figured out what you were talking about with the stabilized mono. Just did a re-design of that boat and one is being built on the East coast. I'm going to build one to be able to write a building manual.

4. Bob Oram

Bob Oram Junior Member

Hello Russell, nice to talk again.
    Very dry in QLD at the moment. The Mary river has stopped flowing until we get some rain. Purely tidal now.
    Interested to see the response to the update of the little power boat. What are calling the design and that particular configeration.
    Regards
    Bob

5. Gary Baigent

Gary Baigent Senior Member

Will push Groucho off the bank in next month's 3.6 metre high tide.

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.