Can you ID this abandoned boat?

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by Seafarer24, Aug 25, 2005.

1. Seafarer24

Seafarer24 Sunset Chaser

[​IMG]

It showed up before the first Hurricane hit FL last summer, and lost it's mast in the hurricane. The mast stuck into the bottom and the boat got hung up on it's rigging until eventually someone freed it. It then sat unattended through the rest of the hurricanes (all of which seemed to pass rather near Tampa Bay), and many storms since.

It looks like it's been salvaged, as I don't see any winches or portlights. When it first showed up I could have sworn it was a Southern Cross 31, but it has 5 portholes on each side of the cabin instead of 4, though I suppose an extra set could have been added...

For comparison here is a SC 31
    [​IMG]

2. SailDesign

SailDesign Old Phart! Stay upwind..

Looks suspiciously WestSail 32-ish to me, but it's been a while since I saw one in the flesh

3. DGreenwood

DGreenwood Senior Member

I would say the same...without the bulwarks it looks funny but everything else looks like a Westsail 32.

4. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Looks like a Chuck Paine design to me. Also seems to have taken on a good bit of damage and there could be a slight hog to her too.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.