Cost of a Wally?

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by Willallison, Nov 16, 2005.

1. Willallison

Willallison Senior Member

Ok - I know the standard answer... if you have to ask, you can't afford one...
    But I'd still like to know.... not the absurdity that is their 118 Power.... something a bit more useful like the new 47 - to my eye, by far their most succesful attempt to date...

Anyone got any idea?

Attached Files:

2. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

Cost of a wally ?

You're right Will, 'aircraft carriers' are not cheap....:D

3. Willallison

Willallison Senior Member

No sense mucking about - I went straight to the source and asked the rather unseemly - ungodly even - question..... How much?:eek:
    Base price for the 47 is 800000 Euros....:(
    This got me thinking, what else could I get (new) for the same money.... the answer, of course, is quite a bit.... Mostly boats in the 16 - 17 metre range and rather more 'substantial' than the rather bare-bones (but superbly executed) Wally.
    The one that really caugt my eye though was this one - at 4m LOA it makes the Wally look decidedly cheap!:D
    http://www.yachtworld.com/core/uk/l...rency=EUR&units=Meters&checked_boats=1299156&

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.