Late 80's BayKat model SUMMA 23.

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by CapnCrunch, Feb 6, 2019.

1. CapnCrunch

CapnCrunch New Member

Can anyone find any information about this boat? It's a BayKat out of missouri. I have been trying to get it for years and finaly bought it. It's all welded aluminum self bailing, Center console, Front engine (outboard) with a hundred gal built in fuel tank, Open transom, And is suppose to be a shallow draft. Several years ago I found an artical on it but I don't find it any more. I know the builder went out of business in 1990 and started in 1985. I'd just like to know the spec's on it. And any other info about it. Thank you ahead KIMG0325.jpg KIMG0325.jpg

Attached Files:

2. kapnD

kapnD Senior Member

That is an interesting boat, is it a tunnel hull?
    How about some pics of the motor location and the bottom?

3. Ike

Ike Senior Member

It's going to take a lot of work. First you need to get rid of the tree growing in the middle of the boat.

4. kapnD

kapnD Senior Member

Looks to be in pretty good shape to me, and guaranteed not rotten, as it’s all aluminum.
    I’d keep the tree, it looks like a handy place to lean your rod or hang your cap.
    100 gallons of fuel sounds like wretched excess on a small rig like that, and would add a lot of weight.

5. Toonseskat

Toonseskat New Member

I’ve got a brother to your boat, has been used as a shrimp boat, new life will be river logging.

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.