Laser - nonslip tread Gelcoat repairs

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by Kessica, May 30, 2007.

1. messabout

messabout Senior Member

Kessica;
    We do not usually see pretty ladies with the abilities and apparent determination that you have. In my mind the amount of work that you are doing can not be justified when compared to the cost of a new Laser hull. But then; to each his own.

You seem to be elevating the repair job to an art form. That is commendable even if impractical. One could mention the perfection of Mr. Stradivarius and his violins couldn't they. Keep up the good work, we're proud to converse with a real craftsmen...I mean craftswoman.

2. Intraction

Intraction New Member

Non-slip repair

Hello Kessica,
    I've been looking on the net for a while now for a scheme to imprint the Laser non-skid pattern on a final coat of epoxy on my deck (I just did a full mast step replacement and it looks great, except for the smooth areas where it was repaired). This post is all that I could find when I searched for non-skid repair and imprinting! Is there any chance you could direct me to the product you used to get a mold of the pattern? Also, would you be interested in selling me the one you made?
    My boat is at my cottage where I am often with my kids so I get little time to work on it. I just want to get that icing on the cake finished! Hope you get this reply...
    Thanks!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.