How to calculate LCB and VCB using simpson's rule

Discussion in 'Stability' started by Adeyele, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Adeyele

Adeyele Junior Member

Dear all,

Am a student and i need your help on a calculation. i was given a line plan with a SIB, i was told to find the LCB & VCB of the vessel using this line plan.

Firstly, how can i determine the ordinates from the line plan? the drawing was made on A4 Sheet, and I try to bring out the drawing from the plan but i dont know how to get the value for each ordinates

secondly, i was asked to use atleast 3 ordinates for the calculation, but when i brought out the 1/2 ordinates, i discover only two of them have the same common interval

please i need a breakdown formular to calculate this LCB and VCB and how to determine the ordinate value.

2. yipster

yipster designer

Using the search button on top you find simpson rule calcs if you want to do it that way

3. Adeyele

Adeyele Junior Member

LCB calculation using simpson rule

I saw dat thread in LARGE STABILIY CALC. am nt satisfy wit it

4. yipster

yipster designer

5. Adeyele

Adeyele Junior Member

Ok. i wil try and check dat nd gt bak to u

Regards
    Adeyele

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.