lapstrake building.

Discussion in 'Wooden Boat Building and Restoration' started by dsuursoo, Sep 3, 2008.

1. dsuursoo

dsuursoo Senior Member

that is a fair thought. i've seen it done, so i know it's possible. my one hesitation is that it seems to be getting difficult to insure metal hulls now.

as i mentioned, ted brewer's 'tree of life' design is a pretty remarkable fit, all things considered, to what i want. just a touch more beam, a little more draft, a bit more weight, but all the work on her lines has been done. kind of nice, that. and from what i hear she sails like a dream.

sure, i wouldn't go as balls-out on the fittings as they did in a couple of them, but she'd still be gorgeous. turns out it's strip-planked construction, which has its ups.