looking for a new 5,5-6,5m alloy-pontoon boat-design.

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by waiaua, May 8, 2006.

1. waiaua

waiaua New Member

one half of most power boats is wasted space. no one uses a cabin on a 5,5-6m boat. it is damp, the hatch often too small and access to anchor difficult.
    RAYGLASS designed a yellow water-taxi some years ago which nearly fits my ideas of an ideal powerboat. RAYGLASS unfortunately does not want to modify anything like that in alloy.

I wish to have as much space for fishing, diving, and good access to the anchor plus the very important sunprotection in NZ and if indicated good shelter and protection from weather and spray.
    Is there anybody who has seen a similar boat like the watertaxi which comes in a 5.5-6.5m range? have lots of ideas of details, how my favourite boat could be designed. but I am not a designer or a boatbuilder. I am a boatie who loves to out on the water as often as possible. Is anyone interested to cooperate with me or to support me??

2. EmilSB

EmilSB Junior Member

Hello,

Your project sound interesting. I can help you. I can design your poonton with your requesting.

3. Jarrod

Jarrod Marine Designer

hi,

Are you looking for an existing design/boat or somebody to design a new one??

4. waiaua

waiaua New Member

Hi,
    I am looking for a new boat and a new design. I also contacted a pontoon boat manufacturer. But many details should be considered e.g. seating, access, use of room, wiring and cabling to center-console in or along roof metal pipe. this metal pipe could fork at the bow and takes up all instruments, steering , radio etc. as racks mounted sidewise or in the middle on this center-pipe.
    to my imagination this center-pipe should be joined with any support-poles or smaller pipes from the sides.
    keep in mind that the boat should still be very versatile especially for diving, all sorts of fishing (also netting friendly) and minimizing the boat size.
    cheers
    waiaua

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.