Laminate, and Resin Thickness Calculator

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by useragentseven, Jan 22, 2020.

1. useragentseven

useragentseven Junior Member

I'm sorry, I recognize that this is an old thread, but, I just came across it today, through a Google Search.

Additionally, another search lead me to this "Materials Calculator" by FiberGlast.

The calculator allows you to enter the following parameters for the part you are creating/making:
    • Width (in inches)
    • Length (in inches)
    • Desired Thickness (in inches)
    Then, select the number of layers of each cloth type your part will need. Then click Calcluate.

The calculator offers an estimate of total resin weight (in pounds) for your part (based on 1.75 times the total fabric weight).

I'm sure this won't be useful from an engineering standpoint, or answer the question, "How strong is it?", but, the calculator offers a rough estimate of expected/completed material thickness (resin included).

bajansailor likes this.
  2. bajansailor

bajansailor Marine Surveyor

Excellent, thank you for the link to this materials calculator - I just had a play with it, and it looks like it will be very useful.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.