Lament after buying study plan

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Wellydeckhand, May 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boltonprofiles

boltonprofiles Senior Member

Welly,

I don't understand where all this is coming from.:confused:

You bought from the correct official site, the one with Mr. Roberts picture on it and recieved what you bought.

What is wrong and where is the problem? :?:

You have to buy the building plans now if you want to proceed which WILL include the full building plans, instructions, profiling cutting electronic drawings and so on or alternatively the kit itself. This will also give you reasonable access to the expertise and advice of Mr. Roberts and his team if you have any queries or questions during the build.

I have always found Mr. Roberts and his team to be very helpful and professional as I have with most of the designers in fairness.

You have to understand, as has already been correctly mentioned by Gonzo, that the designers time is very tight and not cheap and to gain the right to their help, it is usual to buy something more than the study plan which is mainly to investigate more in detail the boat models capabilities, what is required for the build and building methods, what the finished model can look like and so on to help you decide if the model is indeed the one you want before shelling out bigger bucks for the actual complete building plans. That is just how it works. If you wanted my time as a Civil Engineer, I would be reluctant to give it to everyone for free for long as I need to make a living as well as everyone else. If, however, I was instructed to oversee a build or I was asked to Engineer a project, then of course I would talk to the client at any time. I would however have several projects on the go at one time so I would find it difficult to afford anyone my time who was still browsing which,in actual fact, you are, by their standards.

Unfortunately, you are very unlikely to get 'nothing for nothing' anywhere nowadays.

The other non official plans are nothing to do with Mr. Roberts. In other words how does he know what is in them, whether they are complete or not, whether they are updated designs or not and whether his original design has been changed, modified correctly or incorrectly or even mistakes have been made in someone elses interpretations of them.

I also think that boats are like cars, food, clothes and so on that everyone has their own ideas on what is good looking or tasty or fashionable.
    Personally I think the Sprays are great, but that is only my opinion.

I think it is probably just a lack of understanding on how the system works which has contributed to all this Welly as I can't see anything wrong and I cant understand where some of these personal comments have come from.

I am surprised, to say the least, in the personal implications over age and race/language issues, build quality of his designs and the safety of his designs - if they are his official designs and not the non official versions.
    I am totally positive that Mr. Roberts could back up any supposed design 'problems' with the correct calculations and figures.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but there is nothing here I can see based on any kind of solid foundation based in fact.

Welly, buy the full plans or the kit, don't fall out with Mr. Roberts, it is an excellent boat series in my opinion and a super design that is easy and simple to fabricate and most definately fits together like a dream.

Paul.

1 person likes this.
  2. boltonprofiles

boltonprofiles Senior Member

Walrus,

Buy another Spray kit from me, I will give you an amazing deal - I am not kidding
    :)

Paul

1 person likes this.
  3. Wellydeckhand

Wellydeckhand Previous Member

Bruce? you sure?

Err........ Mr. Bruce have not reply or communicate with me anymore.... only that I get a third person who claim to be his distributor of boat sending me 2 email to clear the cloud on the misunderstanding. Do you wish a guy that wouldnt clear his own rep? Edgar, a good bloke had explain I need to pay more for the full plan than normal price as the junk rig version had not been drawn and developed. Mr. Bruce did not take it into concern when I want to buy the study plan.

When I was asking about the boat and possibility of Junk rig, he will answer my question only after I buy the study plan, I immediately bought it, the CD arrived with no indication of the relevent design, then Bruce have this misunderstanding.............. , now is buying a study plan does not get a minimum of goodwill on his part, how can u gareentee that by buying the plan I could get a proper advise on completion of my dream? As they say, Once bitten Twice shy........... do mean something

I did not buy DIX design, but as seapark promised, the designer of DIX65 advise me and brief me on the design and the suitability of my need, he didnt want me to buy the plan and find it not compatible with what I had in mind, that make me feel I should try his design for the next project.

It is hard for me to prove I have the mean to finish this project and pushing me is not a kind thing. I need to do it on my pace...... I am not that rich. Some people took 10 years to finish their dream, I will put 3 years limit as this city have nice thing to put one boat together in 3 years time.......

If you have a design that is similar or better than Trader65 then give me a PM or email, I am sure to be interested. Mr. Bruce claim 200 unit of Trader 65 are floating around the world........ I heard nothing in the net, and he send no picture of the customer who has enjoyed that ship........ so ...............

Hope you really sure of Mr. Bruce,............... he really have a bad temper..... that I can attest.........:(

WDH

4. Welly, forget about and choose a serious designer.

5. I did not buy DIX design, but as seapark promised, the designer of DIX65 advise me and brief me on the design and the suitability of my need, he didnt want me to buy the plan and find it not compatible with what I had in mind, that make me feel I should try his design for the next project.

WDH[/QUOTE]

I built boats with Bruce plans and Dix plans, .....there is a difference like between the day and night.

6. Wellydeckhand

Third parties that contact me is Bruce website from different Bruce address, is this legal or pirated........ you see for yourselve, I have found alomst 5-6 different Bruce robert plan address, why? Because no law protected design...... SPRAY and other stuff is not belong to Bruce I think/........:(

http://www.brebv.com/index_EN.htm

WDH

7. SheetWise

SheetWise All Beach -- No Water.

If you're going to be cryptic -- then make sure it's decipherable. Did you mean "difference like between the day and night", or "difference like between the night and day"?

8. Yes, of course, who will like to understands, will understand. Especially who had to do with Roberts plans.
    I like the night!!

9. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

Boltonprofiles-

Paul

I'm bloody tempted mate, I'm tempted, will be in touch!

10. Mayfly

Mayfly Previous Member

I think welly did not received one of the book he ordered, Bruce later substitute a lousy title and charge another $20 for postage. He is sure lucky to have contact and buy stuff from Bruce Robert.

Maybe Bruce can draw a SPAM next time. Our area in Riau have circulated his reputation so that old guy must be famous in Indonesia now.

11. Wellydeckhand

Mayfly, I have been confirm of an alternative book instead of the boatbuilding manual because they SUDDENLY run out of stock and not producing it anymore. They FORGET to take off the picture and I got charge for it..... Now sending me the last book of a different title with extra US$20 charge to me??? I thought the book was credited to me with the cost of postage.

Anyway, it is small lost compare with their dysfunctional system of e-business and trust failure.

There are always other shop, so no worries.:)

WDH

P.S. this is not extra order but surpose to be with the study plan purchase.

12. SeaSpark

SeaSpark -

Watch your sanity!

Are you starting a conversation with yourself?

1 person likes this.
  13. Wellydeckhand

Nope, I told my cousin who wanted to read about boat in Forum in Riau to pick up the Account better than register for a new one making the forum filled with account is not good. I have post it somewhere hoping JEFF will understand, You wanna call Mayfly and me at different phone address? Mayfly is my female cousin in Riau.

If you feel offence, I could tell her to reresgister to sastified the forum need for that tiny confusion?

WDH

14. Wellydeckhand

Bruce Roberts Yacht Design
    Offices: USA - The Netherlands - Ireland - Australia
    Telephone Bruce Mobile / Cell Phone + 34 649 649 542
    www.bruceroberts.com design-office@bruceroberts.com

HI

Considering the nasty things you are writing about me which I hope you will retract ... we have yesterday sent the replacement book to the one we did not have in stock and which WE HAD ALREADY CREDITED TO YOU ... We have now re-charged you ... by the way the shipping was actually Euros 19.30 = $25 us$ and we are only charging you $20

Regards, BRUCE
    R Bruce Roberts-Goodson Chief Designer
    Bruce Roberts International Yacht Design

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know I am a consumer and have right, some gave me bad rep for this I dont mind( which already did), but isnt consumer right something the west is proud of ? Do you want your right to buy from a famous designer clouded with mistrust although it is small money.I am not the only person whinning in this tread, so the remark would cover everybody? Sorry , I am explainning to guys that send me remark on too whinning.

I am not a victim..... just experiencing the joy of purchasing from internet hogwash..... good day gentlement.

Mayfly and H2O babies was an experiment on the ATTITUTE of people using a Asian background and Western background, it seem the Western background account got better rating although it is more obnoxious.Once they found out it is the same person and not a westerner which I announced openly. Only thing was I found out the account was not deleted and my cousin wanted to register and I suggested her the account. That was that, until my cousin start to use the acoount. My appologies.

Told the girl to register on herself and stopped using MAYFLY...... problem settle. Seaspark.

:)

WDH

15. Wynand N

Wynand N Retired Steelboatbuilder

The behaviour of a true professional - wont sell you something that does not suit your needs - regardless of the lost revenue thereof.....

1 person likes this.
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.