Lagoon 620 - Unsafe at any speed? Or just silly?

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by pbmaise, May 19, 2013.

1. T0x1c

T0x1c Junior Member

Beneteau/Lagoon simply do not do that kind of mistakes. They build cheap=>heavy but safe.

2. Richard Woods

Richard Woods Woods Designs

my understanding was that the photo is of an intact boat. pbmaise circled the intact boat where the boat he saw was broken

The 60ft size range is a tricky one. Its too big for most owner couples to manage without help, but not big enough for a professionally managed boat

Richard Woods

3. Corley

Corley epoxy coated

Thanks, you're right (note to self read posts properly next time).

4. T0x1c

T0x1c Junior Member

95% of Lagoon cats are sold to charter companies -mainly due to the way fiscal incentives work in France and Italy for long term rentals. Unfortunately, this is what leads the design of French production catamarans.

The 620 is designed with separate cabin weekly rentals in mind. The use of galley, and stairs between galley/cockpit is reserved to an experienced crew :D.

5. pbmaise

pbmaise Senior Member

Corrections to comments and 3 people have fallen on this staircase

First corrections: I stated it appears the track was pulled out of the roof. In bright day I can now see it appears more like there are two separate tracks. Instead of one track running the full length, there are two 1/2 tracks.

The crew repacked the sail yesterday and now it is nice and neat on the boom. The point still applies that the sail should pack down easier and not have sail folds hanging over the boom.

Second new details: The woman that fell down the stairs of this boat is the THIRD person that fell down this same set of stairs on this same boat. One victim of these stairs ended up with a broken nose.

If that isn't a good grounds for Lagoon designers to sit up and take note that their products can improve I don't know what is.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.