kokoda marine ply has anyone used this for hull construction?

Discussion in 'Wooden Boat Building and Restoration' started by Corley, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Corley

Corley epoxy coated

I'm currently preparing for a project that will require the lightest ply possible.

I'll be buying a pallet of ply and choosing only the lightest sheets the pricing for this ply seems reasonable and its about as light as I can find has anyone used and have any comments on this ply? I'm wondering what the surface is like if its quite rough I'll probably pass on it and use gaboon as the weight stacks up quickly with fairing.

2. waikikin

waikikin Senior Member

3. Corley

Corley epoxy coated

Theres some discussion on the forums at diy-yachts.com the general consensus is its similar in properties to gaboon and a bit lighter but there seems to be more variation between sheets. Yes thats the type linked on International Panels. Pink Satinwood is the material used for the veneers it seems couldn't find much data on the tree or its properties.

4. rwatson

rwatson Senior Member

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.