help make of boat

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by darone, Aug 2, 2009.

1. darone

darone New Member

hello can anyone help with the make of this boat it was made sometime in the 80s

Attached Files:

2. marshmat

marshmat Senior Member

Hi darone, welcome aboard :)

The design doesn't look familiar to me. If she was built in the '80s, she'll have a Hull Identification Number, it's usually printed on the upper starboard corner of the transom. The first three letters of the HIN are known as a Manufacturers Identification Code, and uniquely identify the builder (see http://www.uscgboating.org/recalls/mic_database.htm ).

3. apex1

apex1 Guest

Welcome darone from me too!

May I be a bit nasty?

I doubt anyone put his name on THAT.

Sorry
    Richard

4. Crag Cay

Crag Cay Senior Member

It's UK boat and I don't think it will have a HIN.

I would try some of the UK river and canal websites. And my hunch is I would extend your possible build date back a little as well.

5. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

It looks to be made after 1974 which means it will very likely have a HIN on the upper right hand corner of the transom.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.