J 29 Project finished and maybe another

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by Cliff, Oct 24, 2006.

1. Cliff

Cliff Junior Member

I have been off the list for a while and compleated my J 29 in the spring. We had removed everything from the deck repainted the boat inside and out. I had also used a Clear Penetrating Epoxy Sealer from Dr Rot for all the through deck fittings. I then used Durabak on the deck and we are very pleased with the results. LOVE the boat.

I have recently come across a guy looking to sell his J 29. The boat either had been grounded or the Yard bumped it while moving it. But is has some cracks in the hull aft of the keel. I am looking to buy it real cheap it has a trailer not sure how good of a trailer and I have a heated shop to put it in for the winter. My plan would be to fix it like new then sail it for a little while and sell it. I still have allot of the material left over from fixing my J 29 so I think if it is not too bad that it would be a fun project for the long winter here in Ohio. Any thought's? Do you think I am crazy.

Cliff

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.