Kicker bracket for 22' Tuffboat

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Dave H, Mar 25, 2004.

1. Dave H

Dave H New Member

We've got a 22' welded aluminum Tuffboat with a 225 Honda mounted in a well. The transom height is 12" above the waterline. We put trim tabs on the boat, and now want to fabricate some sort of extension to weld onto the stern to support a 9.9 hi thrust kicker. It needs to be strong enough to carry the motor and clear the trimtabs. How much clearance is needed between our bracket and the main engine? Is 3/8" plate strong enough for the extension? I envision something sticking back and turning up to achieve the necessary transom height and to provide trimtab clearance. and what about the angle of the kicker mounting plate? I fornd a solid auxillary bracket from Cabela's that looks close, but it will be better to make our own custom version. Any suggestions?

2. rotorhead

rotorhead Junior Member

TuffBracket

Hello,

I'm new on this thread but the name drew me to your post. Not sure if we are talking about the same thing but its ironic that the name is the same... No relation, ours came from TUFF 'N UFF racing team.

Attached Files:

3. rotorhead

rotorhead Junior Member

... you can reach me at gep_T@hotmail.com, or www.tuffmarine.com or www.freewebs.com/mytuffboat/

Ciao
    Ted

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.