Add-on premade pilothouse?

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by sharkdiver54, Feb 2, 2005.

1. sharkdiver54

sharkdiver54 New Member

I've got a 21' Seahunt, interested in converting it from a center-console to a pilothouse (much like the 21' Parker Sport Cabin). Anyone ever heard of or seen a company that makes a premade pilothouse that can be fitted to a hull?

Or what would be the best way to make a pilothouse for it? :confused:

2. steigermike

steigermike Junior Member

Hey shark diver,i have not seen what your looking for,(a wheelhouse with a cuddy)but theres a guy on ebay selling a pilothouse that you can bolt in the body parts section of marine accessories,hope this helps.

3. Ssor

Ssor Senior Member

I think that you are going to have to get creative. Which is going to involve an awful lot of measuring, lofting, groaning. and trial and error. You are asking/hoping that someone has anticipated a very small number of boat owners wanting such an item and saying "Aha" there is a market niche that I can fill and make my fortune. I am afraid you might have to "do it yourself".

4. nassaw

nassaw Junior Member

I go along with Ssor that finding a cabin to fit your needs are probably nill to none. The chances of you building one to your liking is not as far fetched as years ago. Online information is readily available to help any novice builder create a finished product that he can be very proud off.
    If you do decide to build. Take time to make a list of all expectations you need from this pilot house and come back to this list. There are several builders on this list that can walk you right through the project. Remember a well thought out project usually ends up being the best looking finish product.

5. im412

im412 Junior Member