Round transom?

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Nojjan, Mar 25, 2007.

1. Nojjan

Nojjan All thumbs...

Hi All

I was playing around with a hull model I made when I by misstake increased the radius of the transition between the hullside and the transom to a very large value. The result reminds me of the tansom of what is traditionally called "snipa" here in Sweden (a slow transport/fishing boat with very round shapes ony intended for displacement speeds). I started thinking that it may help displacement speed even for a planing hull like this. The design already has a rather vertical stem to maximise the Lwl and nudge the displacement speed up and this round transom may also help, any thoughts out there? Other aspects, decrease planing stability, turning when on plane, steady stability, etc.?

(the hull is intended for a sterndrive if you where wondering)

Best regards / J

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.