Trailarable boat in Europe - beam limits?

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Alik, Mar 24, 2007.

1. Alik

Alik Senior Member

What is beam limitation on trailarable boats in Europe? I used to think about 2.55m... any links?

2. Pericles

Pericles Senior Member

3. Alik

Alik Senior Member

These should be same within EU, but I am particulary concerned about ones in Germany. My feeling is that 'trailerabe width' should match the with of container - about 2.60m. At least the boats we designed for Europen market before were 2.55m, but German customer is talking about 2.40? I think there should be a Europen standad on that.

4. Limey

Limey Junior Member

beam

2.5m including structural attachments but not things like rails, common for all of Europe

5. Crag Cay

Crag Cay Senior Member

Most of Europe (including Germany) is 2.55m but the UK is 2.3m except if being towed by a vehilce with a GVW of 3.5 tons or more.

However the good thing for UK boat owners is the Police don't care and all the Hunter 707s, Sonatas, Cork 1720s, J80s etc, etc happily move around the country ignoring these rules.

6. Alik

Alik Senior Member

Thanks!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.