How are Tubes fastened to the Hull?

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by Guest, Jul 10, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Can anyone tell me how the tubes of a RIB are fixed to the hull?

2. Sealion

Sealion Glue Sniffer

Some are glued, some are bolted on, and some slide on using a bolt-rope into a groove on the hull. If you register so I know who and where you are I may be able to help you further as replies to a very general question is not that helpfull. Tell me what you have in mind and I can give you amore detailed answer.

nick@sealionboat.com

3. Dennis

Dennis New Member

Thanks Nick,
    thought there may be different ways of doing it. Thought about building my own but fear it may be too difficult:)

4. Sealion

Sealion Glue Sniffer

Building a Rib is no more difficult than any other type of boat really, It depends on the type of constuction.you wish to use and what boat building skills you already have. Building and fitting the tubes is a relatively simple job, with no special tools needed, you just need the same patience and attention to detail that you would use for manufacturing the rest of the boat.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.