What boat is this?

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by Theboatman, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Theboatman

Theboatman New Member

Hi

New here, thanks for having me.

I have my eye on a boat, but unfortunately have no idea what it is. All the seller can give me is, he was told its an American cape cod design. She's 17' + bowsprit, 19 foot 3 inches overall and a beam of 5 foot 7 inches. I assume she was built from plans. Do any of you fine chaps/ladies have any idea what she is?
    Thanks
    Paul s-l80d0.jpg s-l800.jpg s-l800-_2_.jpg

2. Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency Senior Member

I was going to say, that does not look 19 feet long, but then I read it properly ! :D Room is certainly at a premium, but it looks well built, though I have no idea what it might be based on, though there are plenty here from the NE part of the USA who might have thoughts on the Cape Cod idea

3. Will Gilmore

Will Gilmore Senior Member

She is very pretty. She has the lines of a traditional Cape Cod Cat upload_2020-11-27_6-56-43.png
    redrawn as a sloop.

How old is she?

-Will (Dragonfly)

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.