Kayak sailing

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Stoffeltoo, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Stoffeltoo

Stoffeltoo Junior Member

Thanks Terry

You have just provided the perfect solution to my problem :), thanks for the attachment
    I have Polystyrene and ply (for profiling) which should give me two floats of the dimensions noted in your post
    Chuck in a further 2" X 7' carbon fibre flag poles and I have working pontoons/floats/ama's. These would also make sufficient anchor ponts for the mast stays
    I do however want to get the most of sail power and have opted to rig a 54 ft2 bermuda.
    I am not sure what boyancy poly has per square foot but I think I will lengthen the floats to 6' long X 6" deep X 4"wide and trust that It will be sufficient to provide enough resistance for me as sailor to hike and balance the rig

2. upchurchmr

upchurchmr Senior Member

Stoffeltoo,

I hope you don't forget the centerboard or daggerboard or leeboard and their position. And a rudder. Terrys sketch looks like lots of others already built, but the rudder and board actually make them work practically. You might like to see the thread "slickest folding system".

3. spidennis

spidennis Chief Sawdust Sweeper

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.