Looking for Hull design

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by RWD, Jan 13, 2008.

1. RWD

RWD RWD

I am looking for a liveaboard houseboat design that is 45 - 50ft. with 12 - 14ft. beam. Will be used mainly for river and lakes but would like ICWW capability.
    Low power twin outboard motors. Plywood - fiberglass construction. No thru hull fittings. Simple, low cost construction.
    Looking for something along the old "Lazy Days houseboat High Bow Design", which was aluminum and I believe Jack Hargrave designed the hull. The actual cabin layout is not all that important (we can modify), but the hull design is what is needed.(in plywood)
    Would apreciate any help.
    THANKS

2. marshmat

marshmat Senior Member

The RYD-47 may be a bit fancier than you're looking for, but damned gorgeous - http://www.boatdesign.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/7694/ppuser/2040 - her creator goes by the handle "PAR" on here if you're interested.
    Something a little less pretty and a little smaller, Glen-L's 45' "Bon Voyage", https://www.boatdesigns.com/products.asp?dept=165 - multiple construction method options, designed for one-off home build.
    Is this the "Lazy Days" boat you mention, http://www.pnb.yachtworld.com/core/rendering/print-boat.htm?url=yachtcentral&boatId=1222454&isPLS=0 ?

3. RWD

RWD RWD

Matt -
    The Lazy Days boat in the link does have the high bow hull that I am looking for in a plywood design. The draft on that hull is only 18". I would like for the cabin sole to be the bottom of the hull. The boat in the link is built with a higher main level profile because it is totally above the hull top. The total hull height is about 36" +/- on the Lazy Days. PARs design is pretty but the redesign for outboards and no 2nd level would be a lot of redesign.

Would be interested in just a hull design if a designer understands my goal.

THANKS

4. Pericles

Pericles Senior Member