Whatever happened to Stealth?

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by sharket, Sep 23, 2005.

1. sharket

sharket New Member

From being one of the most prominent yachts a few years ago she seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth - even a quick google throws up nothing...anyone know?

2. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

Whatever happened to stealth ?

Sharket... In these dangerous times it's inadvisiable to key in such words as: Stealth (ie top secret bomber); Iraq; Al Quada; or Democracy - without a dozen FBI, ASIO, or Special Branch 'snatch squads' descending on your house - beating the crap out of you, jailing you for four years without trial... hang on... there's someone at the door right now..... :mad:

Last edited: Sep 25, 2005
  3. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

Alas poor Bergalia, I knew him Horatio, used the wrong wer........

4. artemis

artemis Steamboater

Hey, guys, be nice to us Yanks (or "colonials" if you prefer). "Secrecy" and "Democracy" seem to go hand-in-hand here. The nice thing is that our First Amendment allows the media to get in and put a big pipe between their propeller blades! :D

5. safewalrus

Steady on Artemis, it's us limeys who have the edge on police states (any state were only the police have the guns is a police state), the Yanks being fairly sensible in that department actually have laws to prevent that sort of thing (sensible). I also like the one about maximum two terms in office for the pres! Some of our prime ministers would profit from that one! so would the country! Of course we could all go back to monarchies but you ditched yours a few years ago - some German chappie I believe (think about it!)

6. artemis

artemis Steamboater

Thanks safewalrus. I am a firm believer in: Our First Amendment (freedom of speech, right to assemble and petition the government, etc.) keeps us free and the Second Amendment (right to bear arms) secures the First Amendment. Keeps the politicos in line too! Only thing we had close to a dictator was Richard Milhous Nixon, but even the politicos saw that that was not a wise way to go. ;)

7. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

In Australia, some of the buggers (current) shouldn't even have one :mad:

8. safewalrus

To right Artemis, worth fighting for -so you see we're a tiny bit jealous! Not a the moment tho' It would appear we're not the only ones with problems (and I ain't talking natural - but perhaps the 'Gulf Coast' and California could get together!) ;)

9. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

Whatever happened to Stealth ?

OK - let's be serious, Sharket. Were you thinking of the Lars Modin design for a 36m motor yacht ? High speed, high tech (high price) job which could touch 50 knots using diesel and water jets ?
    If so try: www.modin-design.com

(bloody gin palace if you ask me) :D

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.