Just wanted to say hi

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Daywalker, Jun 7, 2006.

1. Daywalker

Daywalker Junior Member

This probably isn't the best day to do it because I'll be leaving for a few days, but I figured I'd have to do it eventually. I'm 17, close to 18 and have wanted to build a little sailing dinghy for a few years, but now I am serious about it.

I've been scanning through this forum and searching the web for plans and such, but I've kind of hodge podged them together into my own little idea. Don't worry, I'll have drawn up diagrams for critique by the experts soon:D .

I live about 3 miles south of Lake Ontario, so even though I don't live on the ocean theres been a big nautical influence on the area to say. My dad and I have had a motor boat for a while, so I know some stuff but the world of sailing is just completely beyond me.

So after all that long winded crap: Hi everybody, my name's John.:)

2. Figgy

Figgy Senior Member

Welcome!

Glad to have you here and can't wait to see your drawings! Post soon :)

3. Wellydeckhand

Wellydeckhand Previous Member

Yes, jump aboard..... :)

4. RANCHI OTTO

RANCHI OTTO Naval Architect

GO AHEAD::p :p :p

5. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

John

Welcome to the forum and by all means any ideas, post 'em somebody will give you some reasonable advice on the way to go - remember it may not all be nice but it is well intentioned and may one day save your life, and most important, it's there to help you but you don't have to take any of it (I would however suggest you read thro' this again! if you see what I mean). Oh yes remember its all about having fun so enjoy!

the Walrus

6. boltonprofiles

boltonprofiles Senior Member

Welcome John

Hello John, pleased to meet you...............post your ideas

Paul

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.