Just for Fun, Design Yor Apocalypse Vessel

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by CloudDiver, Jul 23, 2014.

1. rwatson

rwatson Senior Member

oh yes, and what member name was that under please ?

2. Jamie Kennedy

Jamie Kennedy Senior Member

I am not sure I would go so far as having a fallout shelter inside of the lead bulb on the keel. Wouldn't want to compromise windward performance. I do like the idea of having a boat that could be repaired by myself along the way. Small enough. Simple enough. Perhaps even primitive enough if you want to call it that. I think this makes sense even in the post-modern pre-apocalyptic world we are living in now.

3. Rurudyne

Rurudyne Senior Member

Well, here's something to consider: years ago a fellow invented a variation on plywood, initially to build rodent resistant food storage, that he called Gilwood.

Gilwood is simply plywood that uses layers of, In his efforts, galvanized mild steel wire mesh for additional reinforcement. The panels so produced exhibited greater strength and stiffness than comparable plywood panels. They were made with phenolic glues, so gap coverage wasn't an issue.

What this has to do with this thread is radio frequency shielding to help shield your electronics.

With judicious selection of mesh such panels could be made to provide this benefit.

The fact that they would be harder to bend isn't as big of an issue as you might think because Gilwood isn't commercially available, which is to say if you wanted to use this technology you'd be making your own panels anyway and that being the case you might as well make molded panels with curvature built in, or engineered LVL planks which would be easier (or at least it would be easier to build and use a long narrow vacuum table than a wide long one). I suppose you could build cylinder molded panels this way as well.

4. myark

myark Senior Member

I was inspired by the story of Noah and his ark which apparently was such a person but his actions are stretched stories of his past.

Noah had several barges which in his day are the largest ever built and carried supplies on the main river which one supply was mainly beer.

A huge flood is recorded in that area day by todays scientist but not the world like the bible states and he survived along with his beer barge and was washed out to see.
    In his day people who owed money and could not pay it back become slaves to the person owed by law.
    All of Noahs supplies are washed away and had to pay for the on credit items and is believed after been washed out to sea and came back to land resettled in another country far away with his several wives and his barrels of beer, lived happily ever after.

The Myark folding trailer barges are named after Noahs Ark which I visioned the future of mass flooding before I knew about global warming and sea rise and future floods etc.

I have a script made for a film of the future when world does go into chaos and the seas do rise 6.m plus which by that time 20 billion desperately starving and diseased population with no Governments, human flesh to eat is considered the same conscience level as we eat animals, "in reality no difference"

The only way to survive is to own a folding Myark trailer barge built in many shapes and sizes, some towed by horse or cow or the future self sufficient fuel such as solar or wind for an advanced simple power system not only for the towing vehicle but for propulsions. some using 1800 centaury steam engines or smoke from coal as a gas for motors, the barge width is needed for the storms and loads to stay stable in unpredictable whether, to escape the chaos and find remote hard to get regions like islands, or frequent flooding areas no one dares to go which also to be amphibious is also the key to survive especially in massive floods.

There are convoys like in the early pioneers in the USA wagon trains so they circle and protect them self's.

This script has endless imaginable ideas for weapons and the good "vegetarians" and the bad "meat eaters animal or human meat"

The film tittle is called Myark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDfSuAtiVkQ

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.