Green Gas?

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Delta, Apr 20, 2007.

1. Delta

Delta Junior Member

Hey, since I'm gonna upgrade my AC, is the R-417A refrigerant a proven replacement for the old freon? Thoughts? Thanks,

Delta:rolleyes:

2. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

Delta - without being too nasty best try the design forums above! this ere lot is the old (and not so old) salts mainly extracting the urine from each other - fun but not very technical - OK they may be able to help but mainly the technical people stay up in the technical sections talking technical stuff (maths and all that) down here with peasants we can maybe sort the problem out (probably) through experience and do a good job - but tell you why, doubtful! there are times when it don't really matter why there are time when it does! I'm not saying go away, hell no great to have you hear; just saying you maybe get a better answer from the techies (bore the *** of ya but they CAN tell you the square root of an onion! Just can't get the lid of the jar is all! And no I haven't a clue!

3. Delta

Delta Junior Member

that's cool

Thanks, Safe....

Like I said, just feeling my way around here and unfamiliar with the protocols on the "Design" forum. My apologies for mucking things up a little. It's all good. :cool:

4. Poida

Poida Senior Member

Safewalflower

I quite often post in this section and I have been through university. Honest.

It was Saturday afternoon on a bicycle. I was out cycling and got lost and ended up in the university grounds. It was then I thought, "at least I can say I have been through university."

And I have never tried to root an onion.

Poida

5. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

Green gas

Call yourself an Australian - and never rooted an onion ?:D

6. marshmat

marshmat Senior Member

R417A was designed as a direct replacement to R22. You might find this article helpful, if a bit heavy on the tech jargon. http://www.eurocooling.com/articlerhodia.htm .
    And any first-year math student can tell you the square root of an onion is two root Pi times the 3/2 power of the number of layers.

7. Ike

Ike Senior Member

You will need to have your AC system completely purged and install a new drier. R-417 isn't quite as efficient as r-22 but it will work.

Heck I thought all the interestin' folks hung out here. Them tech types maybe full of technicl info but they are just no fun at all.