pk 13.5 meter references 1 and 2

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by Cyane, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Cyane

Cyane New Member

I am getting ready to build the pk 13.5 meter sailboat I got from pkboatplans.com. My problem is I have the hull offsets and the message "See also reference 1 or 2." I have printed all the drawings for the boat but there is no ref 1 or 2. Can anyone tell me where to get this needed info? I am getting desperate.

2. SamSam

SamSam Senior Member

I see they are all free plans, but I don't see a 13.5 meter sailboat. Maybe you can post the plans or clarify which one it is.

3. Cyane

Cyane New Member

Hey there, it is listed on the PK sight as the K-39 Plywood Sailboat. I got the 13.5 from the drawings themselves. Hope this helps cause I want to get started soon.

4. SamSam

SamSam Senior Member

Those are in the information block in the bottom right corner of the drawing. On the "TABLE OF OFFSETS" drawing there is a line that says "REFERENCES" and just above that it says N0. 1 (reference) which directs you to DWG NO. 03-A1, which is the drawing of the hull lines. The same with the reference NO. 2 and all others through out the set of plans. They just direct you to a drawing that goes with the numbers or to a more detailed drawing with numbers, as in the case with the keel and rudder.

I'm sure you already know it but I'll tell you anyway as it can be a nightmare if you forget, but all the offset measurements are to the OUTSIDE OF THE HULL and to set up the frames you have to deduct the thickness of the hull skin/s to size the frames correctly.

Plus it's all in millimeters.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.