Ivan (22) have developed ultrafast hull technology - are sending ships up to 80 knots

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Jon E, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Jon E

Jon E Junior Member

It is the theory of the inventor and entrepreneur Ivan Nilsen.

Experts on hydrodynamics is not uniquely enthusiastic to the concept and believes it is unrealistic and hardly commercially feasible.

Original link (Norwegian)

Translated link (English)

2. Ad Hoc

Ad Hoc Naval Architect

Yup..it is nonsense...utter rubbish i'm afraid.

3. kerosene

kerosene Senior Member

"- So far it is possible to draw some conclusions from the calculation results of the report, there is no saving in opposition.
    The report is also full of fundamental misunderstandings when it comes to keeping track of concepts such as force, power, rotation speed, etc.. My conclusion is that this I have little faith in, writes Steen in an email to TU."

Attached Files:

4. daiquiri

daiquiri Engineering and Design

A concise and precise analysis. :D
    I agree.

5. kach22i

kach22i Architect

The traditional problem is that when an air pump is used to lower friction, one loses buoyancy as well.

The Skhval Torpedo (one of his inspirations) just has to keep some sort of neutrality, not carry a cargo other than it's warhead.

22 years old, trying what he can..................keep trying, maybe you will discover something.

To lower friction the typical approach is to lift the hull out of the water, planning hull, all the way out like a hovercraft or with wings submerged hydrofoil.

Like I said before: The traditional problem is that when an air pump is used to lower friction, one loses buoyancy as well.

When his models sink to the bottom of the tank or struggle to stay afloat, he will have learned what we all seem to have accepted.

However, should he remedy this fundamental flaw with luck or discovery, then we will have to revisit this approach.

The below was a cool idea in it's day.....................and a better deign?

http://blog.modernmechanix.com/spiral-rollers-drive-odd-speed-boat/
    [​IMG]

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.