My next project - 12m passanger river vessel

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by micspoko, Nov 16, 2010.

1. micspoko

micspoko Senior Member

This is my second project a 12m river passangers vessel.
    L=12m
    B=4m

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      172 KB
      Views:
    • a.jpg
      a.jpg
      File size:
      106.6 KB
      Views:
    • b.jpg
      b.jpg
      File size:
      92.3 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      198.4 KB
      Views:
  2. hollyqie1984

hollyqie1984 New Member

what are the red boxes?

3. michael pierzga

michael pierzga Senior Member

the red box's are Life rafts. And the concept looks great !! How do people get on and off the vessel ? as in old folks, handicaped, children.

4. micspoko

micspoko Senior Member

At a stern is a doors on PS i SB width 1m and the entrance on trap

5. michael pierzga

Ya..really important. When I see a tour boat without a good exit , entrance detail, I worry that the whole boat is poorly thought out.

6. michael pierzga

Oh..and don't tell anyone this..but I regularly see tour boats carry double their tourist capacity during high summer season. From a distance they look like refugee ships. Some way to keep this massive , illegal, load from shifting from one side to another might be a good detail. Crowd control.

7. apex1

apex1 Guest

Not really.

Staying within the calculated and certified numbers is the better way to solve that problem. Your stupid "crowd control" would have to be some massive structure which hardly could pass safety regulations.

And you should leave Indonesia, in Europe you will not see such overload.

Stay with what you can best! Read your Penthouse magazines!:D

8. Ike

Ike Senior Member

I am concerned about that upper deck. With that ladder and railing it is obvious you plan to allow people there. Have you done a stability analysis? If you allow too many people up there it is definitely going to affect the stability of the boat.

9. Stumble

Stumble Senior Member

I would also move the aft deck railing forward to isolate an area for the crew to work seperate from an area accessable to the passengers. And install a gate in the bow for the same reason. What you want to guard against is passengers trying to 'help.'

I would also reduce the size of the top deck to limit the number of passengers that could be held there to be in line with the stability calculations (as suggested above).

10. micspoko

micspoko Senior Member

The stability analysis is not a calculate yet because i dont have a calculate a weight boat. The construction above upper deck is demountable. The shape underwater hull is not a V shape but a rectangular whith a small radius. So that a stability I dont worry. The boat is for 20 to 30 people and in superstructure is sitting place for 16 people.
    I want that passengers should have full contact with the crew

11. michael pierzga

Remember to design a Mini Bar into her. tour boats are a competive buisness, they all " value add" by selling cokes, post cards and whatnot. Also Im curious...why do you have the seating facing for and aft ? Comfort ? Regulations ? Id guess a tourist wants to look out of the big windows when cruising ? The local 15 meter , one hour cruise, tour boat has its seating facing outboard. Oh and if you put seating on the top deck this would naturally solve the Crowd control issue of people rapidly moving to one side to check out the TOPLESS GIRL !! on the rocks.

12. micspoko

micspoko Senior Member

The mini bar is inside. Seats are arranged so as obtain more space

13. micspoko

micspoko Senior Member

New Pictures of vessel

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      104.4 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      125.2 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      152.1 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      189.7 KB
      Views:
  14. WickedGood

WickedGood Guest

Down a Lazy River

Nice looking boat. Lets give her a snazzy name. Like Lady Liberty or something

If I had a Tour boat like that I would add a dozzen Kegs of Beer and some stewardesses a live band and run Brewery Trips.

49 passengers drinking $4 Draft Beers x 6 beers each and a $25 ticket to get onboard, 2 Hour Cruises, 6-8 trips per day I think we could pay for the boat in one summer!

15. cthippo

cthippo Senior Member

Not necessarily.

There have been a number of recent incidents (The Ethan Allen comes to mind) where boats were operating within their COI capsized because they were overloaded. The USCG still uses something like 120 or 160 lbs as a "standard" weight when calculating the number of people allowed on board, but unfortunately this is no longer representative of the average person over here.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.