building custom new impellers

Discussion in 'Jet Drives' started by drmiller100, Feb 23, 2009.

1. drmiller100

drmiller100 Junior Member

I am thinking about building 5 to 10 small, custom jetpumps.

I need a source for impellers. They would be true axial flow, in the 7 to 9 inch range.

Any suggestions on who could build them for me???

2. jbm

jbm Junior Member

small pumps

what is the h.p. range for these pumps? intake? noz size? we have a 7.5" pump and the impellers are made in n.z. we have a 5.5" made in ca. bill jbm boats 1-406-677-4242

3. drmiller100

drmiller100 Junior Member

70 to 150 horsepower.

I will call you!

4. jbm

jbm Junior Member

call

sounds good

5. james.c.a.

james.c.a. Junior Member

I'm attempting to design the intake for a jet pump on a PWC that uses a 20 hp (351cc) engine. I've been told jet-drives a pretty versatile and can work well under varied speeds so I may poss be able to get away with using an existing impeller from another low powered models. My prob is designing the intake! What books do you recommend looking at or are there any simple calculations you know of?? If there are any other considerations I should know about I’d love to hear e.g. chamber? Can I use straight tube as thick as the wear ring etc?
    I’m also looking for suppliers if they have the parts (+ dimensions) ready for me to use, I would be very interested in getting in contact with.
    All help will be greatly appreciated!