Jetboat Questions

Discussion in 'Jet Drives' started by HusH74, Jan 30, 2008.

1. HusH74

HusH74 New Member

Hello,
    found this forum a few minutes ago hope to find some good Ideas here.
    I plan to build a Jetboad and so i collect all Informations i can find. Better i try to let it build. My plan is to go to the Philippines but at the place i can life u are nothing without a boat. Its nearly impossible to import a boat because they have horrible tax and customs. But i think its cheap to let it manufacture there. There are mangrove morasses with very low water, at low tide maybe only 10 inch (30 cm)

1.Everything starts with a good hull i heared and its necessary to have a V-hull i had read (If not lower efficience in case of airbubbles?) Like written also a hull is needed with a really low draft (not being to deep below the waterline) But where i can get good plans for a v-hull or which name the hull i need have in english???

2. Which Jetpump is the best??? Are they so different from the efficience???

3. Which engine to take is it also possible to use an older motorbike engine maybe a 1000 cc Honda engine??? Srry nothing against the american way :D but sometimes it looks a little crazy. Its amazing to hear that sound, ok but i dont want to burn every hour 30 Liters in a bigblock ;)

Hope some people here can help me to make that plan coming real,

Thx HusH

2. SeaSpark

SeaSpark -

Why don't you have a look at what the locals use.

Bet the same can be said for boat parts, jet pumps burn up pretty quickly in shallow water.

3. HusH74

HusH74 New Member

Not to wrong but i am not a local

@ Seaspark
    Shure, maybe right use what the locals use, they call it bamboat or so it s like a boat with two arms, one left one right to get the stability they need. But also they have to much draft so i cannot go to the peer at low tide, the alternative is the bamboroto its much smaller and not verry funny and not verry fast. So i think when i buy a boat i also can spend a little bit more in the funfactor:D

The bamboroto is also not for use in sea areas (deep blue see)with bigger waves (not really big/not storm/ i would say/ childfun waves but to much for that small bamboroto)

Why the jetengine could blown up fast? I ve seen a lot vids and the guys making lot of funny stunts with that kind of boats. Looked like the small rivers they was driven have really low deepnes. I think its for a place like this not the worst idea. And i dont want to drive a race in the low water area, i want only to reach the peer and fix the boat there when i come home so i will drive slow.

4. SeaSpark

SeaSpark -

You can have fun on a multihull, cannot imagine they draw more than a V.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.