Surf board jet engine

Discussion in 'Jet Drives' started by ram1400, May 6, 2011.

1. ram1400

ram1400 New Member

I recently read an article about a surfboard with a built-in electric jet engine called the WaveJet and thought that it would be amazing since the area I live in doesn't have big enough surf to just go on wave power. But the board turned out to be $4,000 and I dont have that kind of money. I do have a bunch of old windsurfng boards that I could put an engine on to, but I dont know how. I dont think clamping an outboard on the back is a good idea at all, so unless i get a prop cover that idea is out. Plus with gas prices the way they are it would be nice to make this electric. any ideas, parts, schematics, or explanations are very, very welcome.

2. fpjeepy05

fpjeepy05 Senior Member

3. ram1400

ram1400 New Member

Thanks for the site. What I was thinking was maybe something I could place underneath the board at the very back without drilling through the board, perhaps by creating a frame that I can slide up around the back and latch something into the slot where the old windsurfing mast went.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.