jet drive not thrusting

Discussion in 'Jet Drives' started by waterlogged, Oct 15, 2006.

1. waterlogged

waterlogged New Member

I have a 1995 Dynasty Sport Jet 120 that has been totally overhauled. After getting the engine to finally fire and run, once in the water the jet drive starting slipping. Finally, it quit thrusting all together but the engine would still fire right up. Checked the shaft and impeller and they both turn when the engine is running, but still no thrust out of the jet drive. Any suggestions on what I might do or what could be causing this problem. TIA.

Adam

2. stevel

stevel Lost at sea

Is the intake blocked?

If the impeller is intact and turning, my first guess would be a blockage on the intake side.

3. waterlogged

waterlogged New Member

Not sure what you mean by intake side. I have taken the intake grate on bottom of boat off and found nothing blocking it.

4. stevel

stevel Lost at sea

That is what I meant

That was my guess.

5. StianM

StianM Senior Member

If you still have the problem I would sugest checking if anny coupling is sliping.

Maybe the impeler is rotating only when it's unloaded and once loaded some coupling will slip.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.