Jet Boat Shop

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by adroofing, May 10, 2008.

1. adroofing

adroofing New Member

I have a 68 california style jet boat that i have inherited a few years ago. i had a new 454 olds put in with its original berkley pump. We had it installed in GA and the engine block cracked, because of poor mechanics and i need a new one. now im not a mechanic so it seems pretty easy to me just to put in a new block in but everyone i talk to says its a whole different animal when it comes to a jet boat. the only available mechanic i have found is in cali which presents a problem because i live in NC. I have searched high and low and am having a hard time finding someone on the east coast who knows exactly what this is and can help me get it running again or at least point me in the right directions as far as what to do to get it back on the water.
    T Burr

2. redtech

redtech Senior Member

i know a mechanic who move to n.c. from california about a year ago
    he does know about the old 455's used in the jet boats of the 1970's
    i'll try and contact him and see if hes willing to take on new work
    them i'll pm you his contact info

3. adroofing

adroofing New Member

that would be awsome. i sure do appreciate it

4. redtech

redtech Senior Member

adrooring tried to find this guy and no luck last anyone could tell me is he has or had a shop in N.C. along the coast but no luck
    sorry but i'll keep looking

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.