1960's performer flat bottom subfloor

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by hellya916, Jul 29, 2006.

1. hellya916

hellya916 New Member

I just bought a beautiful 1960's performer flat bottom to begin my first restoration. I think the restore will better prepare me for an up coming glen-L build scheduled to start next year. I've stripped the boat to the hull and have inspected the floor. I found definite rot in the floor and began gathering information on replacing the floor. on closer inspection I found there was no room for a sub floor under the plywood, the ply wood mated up to the bottom of the boat. I'm asuming that their are to stringers that run the length of the boat and taper down toward the transom. My question is when I remove the floor is the whole bottom of the boat gonna' come off with it? And what is the best way to seperate the flooring from the hull of the boat?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.