Jerry Cartwright Design

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Kim Cross, Nov 26, 2006.

1. Kim Cross

Kim Cross Junior Member

Hello, My husband and I are interested in a Cartwright 42. Is there anyone with any information on this design? It sure would be nice to obtain some specs on this vessel.

Kim Cross

2. tom28571

tom28571 Senior Member

Jerry Cartwright lived for a time in my town and his house is now a B&B called The Cartwright House. I have a very experienced sailor friend who lives nearby and has a mid thirty foot Cartwright he is working on getting back to form. Send me an email and I will put you in touch with him. He has made a single handed circumnavigation in a Virtue so should know what is what.

3. Kim Cross

Kim Cross Junior Member

Cartwright 42

I may not have replied to you before. We have now purchased the Cartwright and have been slowly fixing her up to sail offshore this year. We have owned her for about 2 years now. Thank you for any information.

4. theasc2

theasc2 New Member

Id just like to say that Jerry Cartwright was my dad and im very proud of all the things hes done

5. Kim Cross

Kim Cross Junior Member

Hi, thank you for your reply. We think your dad was a exceptional man. His designs are great and we love our boat. I only wish I knew more about it. I would love to learn more obout him and all of his designs.
    Kim

6. willboud

willboud New Member

Theasc2,
    I'd be interested to purchase a set of line drawings of the Cartwright 40 if you still have any plans available. I can be reached at 781-834-6419 or email at wboud@shore.net. Thank you.

Will Boudreau